If you want to cook meals that are loaded with more health benefits than typical foods provide, you can’t go wrong with CBD.
This non-psychoactive cannabis compound packs tons of health benefits, minus the cannabis high. CBD is FDA-approved to treat epilepsy, reduces anxiety, helps promote a better night’s sleep, and can manage chronic pain, to name but a few examples.
And if you’re new to CBD oil, utilizing it in the kitchen is the easiest (and tastiest!) way to do so.
With this guide, you’ll learn all about cooking with CBD oil.
Step One: Create Your CBD Oil Cooking Base
First things first, you have to create a base with which to utilize your CBD oil.
You may have purchased a CBD tincture oil that comes with a dropper. Or you may have straight-up cannabis flowers or plants that you purchase from online dispensary Canada.
As you may imagine, you may have to put in extra steps to create CBD oil from cannabis plants. Conversely, CBD oil is ready to roll.
Can you splash some CBD oil in your morning latte and call it a day? Sure, but that’s not what we call cooking!
To cook with CBD oil, you have to finesse it a bit to make it more suitable for your meals. Most people who cook with CBD oil use it to create their own infusion, using butter to produce a cannabutter that they can then slather on toast and use in baking.
Others prefer to make a cannabis coconut oil, which you can then add to just about any recipe.
What’s great about opting for a coconut oil infusion when cooking with CBD oil is that it’s more suitable to a range of dietary needs. After all, coconut oil is vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free. It also contains more saturated fat, which studies tell us make it a better carrier option for CBD.
In short, using a CBD oil-coconut oil infusion will ensure you get all the benefits of CBD when you cook with CBD oil.
Step Two: Store Your CBD Oil
So you’ve made your CBD oil and coconut oil cooking infusion using the recipe above. That’s great!
Before we get to the fun part (using this CBD oil infusion to cook), we’ll get the less thrilling part out of the way: how to store your CBD cooking oil.
To store your CBD and coconut oil infusion, pour it into an air-tight container, such as:
- A Mason jar with a secure lid
- A Pyrex or similar glass food storage bowl
- A Rubbermaid or similar plastic food storage container
Once you have the infusion in your chosen air-tight container, store it in a cabinet. You do not have to keep it in the fridge, but you should keep it out of direct sunlight.
Step Three: Use Your CBD Oil
Finally, on to the best part: cooking with CBD oil!
As mentioned, CBD oil is incredibly versatile. You can use it in place of anywhere you traditionally use oil.
For example, you can add a few drops to a hot pan before you stir-fry vegetables, make homemade pancakes, or cook grilled cheese. You can also mix it with a seasoning packet to make tasty salad dressing.
But if you really want to whip out the coconut and CBD oil infusion and do some serious cooking, you can easily do so as well.
Some of our favorite CBD oil recipes for beginners include:
- Classic cannabis brownies, which are simple to make and freezer friendly.
- A savory and decadent CBD oil lasagna.
- A perfect-for-breakfast cannabis coconut oil fruit smoothie.
- A twist on traditional spaghetti with cannabis meatballs.
Cooking With CBD OIl Tips
Now that you have your CBD oil infusion and few recipes up your sleeve, you have pretty much mastered cooking with CBD oil. But we still have a few tips and tricks we want you to remember.
Keep these tips in mind as you become more familiar with CBD oil and using it to cook:
- High amounts of heat will render your CBD less effective! Therefore, try to keep your CBD oil bakes at 350? or less.
- While CBD oil is fat soluble, you don’t necessarily have to stick to a butter or coconut oil recipe. In the future, try experimenting with avocado oil, olive oil, and MCT.
- It may take your body longer to enjoy the effects of CBD when you’re eating food made with CBD oil. Be patient, it will kick in!
Hopefully this guide to cooking with CBD oil has demystified the world of edibles for you!
It’s simple to use CBD oil, make your own CBD oil infusion with coconut oil, and cook with CBD oil to create incredible dishes.
- Studying For MBAs in 2023: Are they Still Worth It? - January 31, 2023
- Reasons Why Should Select PV Charging for Your Home - January 31, 2023
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Invest in an Automatic Litter Box - January 31, 2023