India Ripple Academy Learning Lab is a 3-day workshop about the power of women leaders to transform environmental crises into solutions. The India Ripple Academy Learning Lab offers a unique forum for discussion, training, and celebration with grassroots women leaders who are protecting our earth and empowering communities.
India Ripple Academy Learning Lab
Our goal is that through this program, women environmental leaders will strengthen their work, increase impact, and experience a greater sense of personal resilience and empowerment through connection with other women leaders.
We are co-hosting the India Learning Lab with United Religions Initiative (URI), September 14-16. Location will be determined shortly, either in Delhi or Rishikesh.
Through the Ripple Academy Learning Lab, women environmental leaders will strengthen their work, increase impact, and experience a greater sense of personal resilience and empowerment through connection with other women leaders.
We consider environmental leaders to be women who are working broadly in sectors like safe drinking water, sustainable farming, clean cookstoves, seed saving, women’s land ownership and/or stewardship, ecotourism, food security, community disaster preparedness, and climate resilience.
Who are the participants?
An ideal candidate is a woman who is:
– Active in non-profit leadership, grassroots advocacy, business, or community organizing
– Recognized by her peers as a leader in her issue area
– Skilled in building networks and forging diverse partnerships within her community
– Currently engaged in a project or has a project concept with an environmental focus as defined above
– Affiliated with an organization or experienced network in an environmental sector
– Interested in engaging women from different cultural, faith, and belief traditions
– Committed to growing her personal skills and capacity in order to strengthen her work
– Willing and able to invest 3 full days in a workshop, plus preparation work and communication before and after the workshop
– Has strong literacy and arithmetic skills and familiarity with budgets
What participants can expect?
Participants will engage in a 3-day workshop with other selected women leaders in India. Learning Lab content will include:
– Trainings on project design and management for impact, entrepreneurship, fundraising and marketing strategies, leadership, and special topics on environmental sectors
– Discussion forums to share challenges, solutions, questions, and resources
– Relationship-building with other women leaders, potential mentors, and specialists
– Activities to celebrate our unique cultural traditions (dances, songs, stories)
– Exercises to promote self-care and resilience
– Before the Learning Lab: Preparation exercises, readings, and at least one group call
– After the Learning Lab: Invitation for follow up group calls, reflection exercises, and interactions with women environmental leaders globally
- 5 Eco-friendly Gift Ideas For This Christmas - November 28, 2020
- BMW 535d – A Perfect Diesel Engine - November 28, 2020
- The Link Between Natural Disasters and Economic Damage - November 27, 2020
Originally posted 2018-06-18 15:26:53. Republished by Blog Post Promoter