Before you get your hands on an analytical essay, it is important to know what this type of academic writing is about and what it contains.
First of all, in an analytical essay, you’re required to analyze something (a movie or a piece of writing, as a rule). However, it is more than just a summary of the issue. In this paper, you have to dig deeper in order to get beyond the surface of what you analyze. If your paper is about a piece of writing, you will have to see how the author presented his or her text and why.
Instead of summarizing, you have to take a narrower focus to check and seek the help of essay service review to explore the areas, such as how the author presented the main arguments and the major themes of the piece.
There are different types of analytical essays that you may be asked to produce. If your tutor assigns you to write one, it may fall in one of the following categories:
- An analytical history essay that you have to use to analyze some events;
- A persuasive analytical essay that requires you to present your position on a certain subject supported with solid evidence;
- An analytical comparison essay that includes comparing different books or thoughts and providing an argument backed up by strong evidence.
- An analytical expository essay written to explain a certain issue.
To write a top-notch analytical essay, check the following recommendations:
- Structure your paper just like you do when writing the other essays. Include an introductory section, the body paragraphs (usually three or more), and a concluding part.
- Include a solid thesis statement. It will tell your readers what you’re going to talk about in your paper, and how important your subject matter is. Make sure to provide a point of view on something in your thesis statement. You can’t just say “Hamlet.” It should be something like, “The play about Prince Hamlet of Denmark, who seeks revenge upon his uncle Claudius.” The rest of the analytical essay is your solid evidence that supports your thesis. It contains well-organized examples and facts that together persuade your audience to accept your point of view.
- Find solid evidence. Supporting your thesis statement with evidence will help you make your analytical project stronger and persuade your audience to accept your viewpoint. To provide your readers with the necessary evidence, ensure to be thorough with the issue under analysis. If you’re dealing with a novel, you have to read it from A to Z. Highlight the key points as you go and use them to your advantage. An example would be how the beggars reacted to the fact that Esmeralda saved Gringoire by agreeing to marry him for four years. Were they happy? Shocked? Confused? All the facts that you take from the text will help you support your examples and claims.
- Provide quotes. Choose the right place for citation and include some from credible sources. Do not forget to use the proper citation format (Chicago, Harvard, MLA, APA) and follow your tutor’s requirements.
- Adhere to the required structure and format. In an analytical essay, you have to structure your text well. Make sure your project comprises a short introduction (one paragraph, as a rule), the body section (2 or 3 paragraphs, each based on a certain point or argument), and a concluding paragraph (one paragraph where you restate your thesis statement and provide your results). When it comes to the format, your tutor should define it. If not, check some of the professionally written samples to find out how the paper looks like in the end.
- Ensure your professor won’t forget your analytical essay. Your task is to make it outstanding among all others. If your professor doesn’t mind, you can write an analytical essay in a form of a play, dialogue, or a letter – anything to make sure your professor will be impressed.
- Proofread and check the final essay for originality. Although it sounds obvious, you won’t believe how many undergrads tend to fail to proofread their works. Never underestimate the importance of editing and proofreading! You have to polish your analytical essay in order to ensure it complies with your professor’s requirements. Besides, it is important to make sure your paper doesn’t contain any plagiarized content. Otherwise, you won’t get the desired grades.
Finally, contact your friends and senior students. It is an easy way to get some A+ analytical essay examples to ease your work. It’s no doubt that they have some past essays that their tutor has already checked. This means you can use these papers as the “roadmap” to produce your own analytical project.
- 6 Accounting Challenges Faced by Startups and How to Overcome Them - December 2, 2023
- The Science Behind Carpet Steam Cleaning and Why It Works - December 1, 2023
- 7 Potent Herbs for Boosting Immunity - November 30, 2023
Originally posted 2021-04-17 11:01:35. Republished by Blog Post Promoter