The main reason students have trouble writing college assignments is that they are not used to them. In high school, teachers often assign shorter essays that don’t need too much research.
In college, however, professors assign longer and more in-depth essays requiring the students to conduct extensive research independently. Additionally, college professors expect students to be more critical in their writing and to provide their own original thoughts and ideas.
So, if you struggle to write college-level essays, don’t worry – you’re not alone! Just be patient and keep practicing; eventually, you’ll get the hang of it. If you want to overcome the troubles fast, we created this quick guide for you.
In it, we explain the simple hacks used by top essay writers at services like RushMyEssay. These are tried and tested methods guaranteed to improve your writing skills and, even better, help you get better grades on college assignments! Find them below:
The Basics of Essay Writing
Writing an excellent college-level paper will be a huge challenge if you don’t know the basics of essay writing. Ensure you have a good understanding of the different types of essays and what each one should include. Here are the most common types of essays that college students have to write:
- Argumentative Essay: In an argumentative essay, you’re required to take your position on a controversial issue. Once you’ve taken a position, you must try to convince your readers to accept your views.
- Compare and Contrast Essay: In compare and contrast essays, you’re tasked with comparing and contrasting two different things. For example, you may be tasked with comparing and contrasting two different theories or two different historical events.
- Cause and Effect Essay: A cause and effect essay looks at why something happened and its effects.
- Narrative Essay: A narrative essay tells a story from your own life. It can be about something happy, like a time when you managed to achieve something significant. Or it can be about something sad, like when you faced a challenge.
- Descriptive Essay: In descriptive essays, you’re required to describe specific things. These can be objects, places, people, or even personal experiences.
Do Your Research
For most college essays, you have to do most of the research on your own. This means finding sources of information – like books, articles, and websites – that will help you understand the topic better.
When you’re doing research, try to find unbiased sources. This means looking for sources that don’t have a stake in the outcome of your argument. For example, if your essay is on the topic of abortion, you might want to avoid sources that are pro-life or pro-choice.
Create an Outline
Creating an outline is one of the most vital steps in college essay writing. An outline is like a map that helps you organize your thoughts and, most importantly, ensure that the essay has a clear structure.
Here’s how to create an outline for your essay:
- Start by brainstorming all the ideas you want to include in your essay.
- Organize your ideas into different categories. For example, if you’re writing an essay about the history of the American Revolution, you might have one category for “Causes of the Revolution” and another category for “Effects of the Revolution.”
- Within each category, arrange your ideas in order from most important to least important.
Write a Draft
Once you have a good outline, you’re ready to start writing a draft of your essay. Don’t worry about making it perfect. You can always make important changes later.
Edit Your Draft
After you’ve written the draft, the next step is editing it. This is where you’ll check for grammar mistakes, typos, and other errors. You’ll also try to ensure that the essay flows well and that all important ideas are clearly expressed.
Get Essay Writing Help
Now, this may be your biggest challenge – getting help with your essay writing. If you’re struggling to write a good college-level paper, don’t worry! There are several places where you can get essay writing help.
Most students prefer getting help from expert essay writers online. To find one, all you need to do is search for “college essay writing help” on Google. You’ll find plenty of websites offering essay writing help online.
Please, note that not every website that offers college essay writing help is legitimate. Some of these websites are nothing more than scams, so do your research before choosing one.
The Bottom Line
Struggling to complete essays on time is a common issue among college students. However, there’s no need to despair – with a bit of planning and effort; you can get the job done with little to no time. Sometimes you just need to believe in yourself, but getting that extra pair of hands to help you is also essential. So if you find yourself in a blind alley, do not hesitate to seek professional essay writing help.
- A Guide to Planning and Executing Sustainable Group Travel Adventures - March 4, 2024
- 5 Social Media Marketing Tips for Beginners - March 4, 2024
- AI in Education: Ways Technology is Changing the Learning Experience - March 2, 2024