Sagging of upper eyelids is a condition in which the eyelids fall to a lower position than the normal, leading to a saggy appearance of the eyes. The skin surrounding your eyes, also your eyelids, can be especially inclined to droop and loosening with age as the skin here is very thin. In terms of medical terminology, this is known as Ptosis or Blepharoptosis.
Loose skin around eyelids is a cosmetic concern and a medical risk to others if dropping hampers with normal vision. In most of the cases, it can cause the interference of vision as the sagging eyelid can completely or incompletely interfere the pupil. In severe condition, it can develop into an amblyopia ( lazy eyes) in astigmatism or children, both developing impairment of vision. Anti-aging creams, facial exercises, and cosmetic methods would all be able to tighten the loose skin around your eyelids.
Causes for saggy eyelids
These are very common occurrence for most people. Saggy eyelids look like a sleepy eye which sometimes can posture visual difficulties particularly if the condition is ptosis.
When the skin elasticity loses, sagging eyelids occur as you keep aging. However, if you observe it at a younger age, it is important that you counsel with a specialist before trying any home cures.
The following factors may cause saggy eyelids:
- Excessive drinking
- Poor nutrition
Other causes include the following:
- Nerve disorder
- Congenital ptosis
- Muscle disorders
- Eye injury
- Eye socket/eyelid tumor
Keep reading to find out popular home remedies
Home remedies to lift up saggy eyelids
In most of the cases, only ptosis can be improved with surgical intervention. For serious cases, surgery might be unnecessary. The better alternates for curing saggy eyelids include some chemical filler injection or cosmetic surgery (blepharoplasty). Since not everyone might need to go through these process, here are some easy-to-follow and natural home remedies to help relieve the condition.
Chamomile consists of high levels of antioxidants like flavonoids and terpenoids.
Preparation is simple and fast:
- Cool the chamomile tea packs in the refrigerator and gently apply it to the eyelids for 30 minutes.
- Retrieve the chilled tea packs and place them on your eyes.
- Relax for 25 minutes and take away them.
Daily application of chamomile tea would help diminish sagginess of the eyelids.
These are rich in ascorbic acid and caffeic acid. It is an excellent remedy for sagging eyelids. They help in reduction of inflammation and tightening of the skin. They also help in maintaining healthy, smooth, and glowing skin.
The preparation is simple and easy:
- Cut the pieces of a cucumber and then place them on your eyes.
- Allow the cucumber pieces rest on your eyes for 20 minutes.
Aloe vera mask
It has astringent and skin tightening properties. It also helps to alleviate skin and increase its elasticity.
All you need to make this amazing paste is aloe vera gel, oatmeal, yogurt, and cucumber.
- Take four tablespoons of yogurt, four tablespoons of aloe vera gel, and two tablespoons of oatmeal with slices of cucumber.
- Mix them together to make a thick paste and apply the paste on your eyelids.
- Let the paste rest on top of your eyes for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
It can help tighten droopy eyelids.
Egg white mask
Egg white contains biotin and collagen that are required for keeping up elasticity of the skin. Eggs are another effective natural home cure to prevent having saggy eyes. As the egg white is known for increasing skin elasticity, you have to use only egg white without the yolk. Topically applying the egg white to the upper eyelid can instantly reduce sagging. Regular usage has long-term benefits and may restore the skin’s elasticity.
- Make sure your eyelids are completely clean, without cosmetics, and before anything else, it should be dry.
- Take a cotton bud and soak it in the egg white.
- Let cotton absorb the egg.
- Apply it to your eyelid gently.
- Let the egg white to dry out before washing it off with cold water.
You will observe that the skin around the eyelid is lifted up and become tighter in less than 3 days.
This is the most delicious remedy. These are the easiest, cheapest, less irritating remedies for saggy eyelids.
It has high amounts of polyphenols like resveratrol; it consists of anti aging properties. The addition of grapes in diet and application of grape juice to the skin can not only prevent fine lines and wrinkles from appearing but also diminish sagging of the upper eyelids.
For tightening saggy eyelids, cold water is another highly effective home remedy.
- Application of ice packs helps in the reduction of inflammation by constricting blood vessels.
- Cold water and ice cubes will increase the pressure on the skin and bring up the skin around your eyelids.
Try to wash and rub your eyes with cold water.
If you lack enough sleep, it makes sense that your eyelids will show exhaustion and stress. On a daily basis, a proper sleep should have 6 hours of continuous sleep. If you continue this routine, you only notice your sagging eyes disappear.
Perform eye exercises
Constraining the utilization of the eyelid muscles and affected eye for a couple of minutes every hour can help fabricate the muscle’s tolerance and enhance your ptosis, as indicated by the National Stroke Association.
Try moving your eyes in figure-eight movements or rolling your eyes to make a full rotation. Remember, all together for the eye exercises to work, you need to do the exercises for a couple of minutes consistently while you’re wakeful.
This implies you can’t just roll your eyes maybe a couple times and see yourself as done. Make sure you finish the exercises legitimately, try exercising your eyes during a break or set a clock to track the time span.
If you again experience saggy eye problem after experimenting with these home cures, it is always better to counsel a doctor to prevent these complications. If saggy eyelids are because of a health problem and are left neglected, they can lead to astigmatism, visual impairments, and also severe headaches.
This problem is also identified to bring about emotional and social issues. Maintain your body by eating a balanced diet, staying hydrated, and getting adequate sleep, and avoiding excessive alcohol utilization and smoking is an absolute necessity.
- How Can You Completely Get Paid With Reliable Old AR Recovery Services? - September 26, 2020
- Recycling of Electronic Wastes: An Infographic - September 26, 2020
- Best Solutions To Keep Your Home Powered During An Outage - September 26, 2020