An employee portal helps employees to find all the information they need to complete their daily tasks on time. Having an employee portal for your business can have the following major benefits.
- Improvement of the HR operations.
- Better employee engagement.
- Getting answers to employee questions without the need for HR.
- Improvement in productivity.
- Employees can stay up to date with the company policies.
How to Launch a Successful Employee Portal
Employee portals can improve the workplace productivity of any business regardless of whether it is small or big. There are several ways for launching an employee portal that if followed, can bring outstanding success to your business workflow and communication. Let’s talk about them. If you are an employee of Upsers then you can use the Upsers login portal for getting benefits.
1. Spread a Word About the Employee Portal Early
The idea of having an employee portal might not be welcomed by many employees. To avoid this, you must let the employees know in advance about the ongoing development of a student portal. This way you’ll have more time to listen to the negative feedback and make an improvement. Don’t hide anything and make sure that the employees are provided with all the important information about the portal.
2. Don’t Forget to Add Training Programs
Employee portals could be very helpful for the training of new employees and also further development of an existing employee. You can add training programs in the portal for various positions. This way new employees can gain further knowledge about their roles and positions without contacting the company HR.
Any existing employees looking for a promotion can also study from these training programs. It will also enable the HR team to track the progress of trainees.
3. Upload The Content Early On
Many businesses who are switching from an old portal waits for the new portal content to be perfect before uploading it. This seems like a good idea but soon enough it will become difficult to manage content in two places. So fight this urge and start uploading the content as soon as possible.
Even if only a part of the portal is ready then launch it ASAP. Once that part is launched, you will be free from handling it on two platforms. Design the portal in a way that tweaks could be possible after the launch.
4. Upload Relevant Content
The last thing you want to do is over-optimize the portal which will make it difficult to navigate to the relevant information and announcements.
Obviously, all business owners want their employee portal to be successful at the launch and avoid negative feedback on something that they’ve worked so hard on. So include fresh and relevant content on the portal which users would find highly helpful. You can also provide early access to some senior officials and employees prior to the launch.
5. Keep Your Page Names and Content Side-by-side
A good employee portal is one that enables the end-users to find their desired information or page through an easy path. The relevant pages and content should be able to exist side by side. This way the users will not have to search for most of the content that they want to update on the portal. They can just click on different pages to have access to its content.
Benefits of Having an Employee Portal
- Improves Employee Engagement – The employee directory in the employee portal can be a game-changer to improve engagement between both the HR and employees as well as between the co-workers.
- Highlights Policy management – You can post the important policies and regulations of the workplace on the employee portal. This way the employees will be updated regularly about the policies without using old-style bulletin boards.
- Fun and Social Advantages – A workplace should not always feel like a hard-grind place. You can post about any upcoming events like employee birthdays and work anniversaries on the employee portal.
- Employee Absence and Time Management – Reminding your employees about their occupied and available leave every day is not desirable. Instead, an employee portal can contain all this information that is visible to both the employee and the HRs. Thus saving a lot of time and confusion.
We have covered some of the most important practices to make your employee portal successful. From spreading the word early to finding and distributing different roles across your team members. For a successful launch, try to follow all of the mentioned practices as they all are connected in some way.We believe that the provided information will help you in launching your business portal without any unnecessary hurdles.
- 6 Accounting Challenges Faced by Startups and How to Overcome Them - December 2, 2023
- The Science Behind Carpet Steam Cleaning and Why It Works - December 1, 2023
- 7 Potent Herbs for Boosting Immunity - November 30, 2023