Google Chrome is a web browser that came late into the browser market. Released in 2008, and within a short period, it attracted a significant chunk of users who were glued to some popular web browsers of the time, such as Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. It’s 2021, and Google Chrome now has a huge chunk of internet users using it as their default web browser.
Google has consistently updated the features for Chrome, making it a user-friendly browser among its customers. It is always advisable for users to have the updated version of Google Chrome to enjoy its user-friendly features. However, there are still various things you didn’t know that Google Chrome would help you do apart from simple web browsing. Read on to know more:
1. Various Themes to Choose From
If you feel bored with the existing design of Chrome, Google lets you customize the theme to choose the one that makes you feel fresh. By altering the look of Chrome, it is sure to give users a feel-good experience.
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Choose the option denoted as ‘Appearance’.
- Select ‘Theme’.
- From the list of available theme options, users can choose their desired option as the new theme.
2. Taking Screenshot on Chrome
A screenshot on Chrome could prove to be of utmost usefulness whenever you want something to be remembered at a later stage or when you want to explain some features to your co-workers. It can also reduce the amount of time you spend typing or explaining something you see in the chrome to another user.
Just take a screenshot and send it to the user, and he or she will be able to understand the content in a clear and precise manner.
3. Quickly reopen a tab that you mistakenly closed
Most of us might have gone through some similar experiences. In a hurry, we might close a Chrome tab that would have been important for us. It usually happens when there are many tabs displayed simultaneously on your web browser. Your browser might become slow or stuck, and you try to close all the tabs at once.
To reopen the closed tabs, open your Chrome browser and right-click near the ‘+’ sign on the top of the tab, and a user can right away reopen the closed tabs.
3. Sync Bookmarks, Passwords, Browsing History
Enabling the sync option will sync the complete details about your browsing history, saved passwords, tabs that you have opened so far and bookmarks with Google. If you do not want to sync the data, you can disable the sync option.
- Open the Chrome web browser.
- Select the three dots option displayed on the top right corner of the browser.
- Click the option denoted as ‘Settings’.
- Choose the ‘People’ option displayed on the left side of the list.
- Your account name will be displayed.
- On the right side of your name, you can see an option to ‘Turn On or Off Sync’.
4. Open a website on your phone by scanning a QR Code
This is one method, not every user is aware of. You can open a website on your phone by scanning a QR code from your Google Chrome web browser. However, not every website offers to scan with a QR code. You can see the supported one by looking at the small QR code displayed on the top right corner of the address bar whenever a URL of the website is clicked.
With the help of a barcode scanner available on your phone, you can scan the QR code being displayed in the address bar. If you are using an iPhone, a cool animation will pop up afterwards, which the Chrome web page being scanned from the desktop opens up in the default web browser of your iPhone.
In addition to the things mentioned above you can do with Google Chrome, many other tips and techniques make Chrome a must-have web browser. Some of the other reasons that make this browser the most preferred among users include its sleek design, instant loading of the websites, cross-platform compatibility, availability of many chrome extensions, and enhanced integration with other Google Apps and powerful built-in features.
- Who Are Personal Injury Lawyers? - March 24, 2023
- 5 Tips On How To Make Your Home Green - March 24, 2023
- 3 New Activities to Try When You’re Looking for Something Different - March 23, 2023