You know how sometimes men struggle to figure out the difference between a curling iron and a curling wand? Well, that’s exactly how a lot of women feel regarding eyelashes and lash extensions. Getting to know each and every kind can get overwhelming since nowadays beauty brands are coming out with all sorts of products. In this article, we will explain the different types of eyelash extensions, and will give pros and cons for each of your lash options!
1. Strip Lashes
This is the kind that you see almost everywhere. Makeup gurus are wearing them in their YouTube videos, as well as women who love to film those short 30 second Instagram makeup videos. These lashes are available at many drugstores, online, and sometimes even in smaller malls.
You can reuse a certain lash pair for up to 10 times, as long as you know how to apply it. Women usually stick to these since they are a quick DIY method, and they don’t cost a lot.
- Easy to do on your own
- Can be reused
- Easy to remove, just pull them off
- You need to be careful when applying glue near your eye
- Need to be applied with tweezers, lash glue, mascara, and sometimes lash curlers
2. Lash Extensions
Lash extensions are a semi-permanent solution which you can get done at a professional salon by a certified beautician. You can’t do them on your own, but you can expect them to last for 3-4 weeks. After that, you will have to get them refilled if you want them to look voluminous. The process itself takes 1-2 hours and it can be customized per your wish.
Women mostly ask for a classic volume, which is very natural and consistent out of 0.8 mm lashes, while others go for a Russian volume lashes, which is 0.14 mm extensions. Material wise, you can ask for either synthetic or faux mink lashes, and you can talk the process through with the esthetician.
- Customized per your eye shape
- Can even look natural if you want them to be
- Can look voluminous which is perfect for special events such as weddings
- Need to be refilled every 3 weeks
3. Magnetic Lashes
A newer kind to the market are magnetic lashes, and not that many women tend to use them. They are made out of fur, but they don’t require any glue like strip lashes. In fact, they have some traces of magnet in their lash band that can hold another lash once its put under it.
Women usually apply one lash on their upper portion of the eye, and the other lash underneath their natural lashes. This way, the magnet will hold your natural lashes till you separate them.
- No need for purchasing lash glue
- Can pass as your natural lash
- Often inexpensive
- Hard to find
- Can be tricky to apply since they are covered in a magnet, meaning you can’t use tweezers, only your hands when applying them
- What Is The Bitcoin Equalizer App And Why Is It Unique? - February 26, 2021
- The Top 7 Benefits of Recycling Used Oil - February 26, 2021
- Cryptocurrencies: How Have They Become The Future Of Trading - February 26, 2021
Originally posted 2018-10-27 10:43:44. Republished by Blog Post Promoter