The iPhone 8 Plus by Apple was introduced with a beautiful glass back design made with a durable glass. The glass finish of iPhone 8 plus is made using a seven-layer color process for precise hue and opacity, delivering a rich depth of color with a color-matched aerospace-grade aluminum bezel, and is also water and dust resistant. iPhone 8+ when came to the market was a new improved model of iPhone. It has improved features, that people actually loved it. The 3 colors in which the glass finish iPhone was made available is space grey, silver and gold finish.
According to some tests done, it has been found that iPhone 8 plus’ screen can break if dropped from a certain height from all sides. Breaking of the phone’s glass is very painful. Nothing can turn a normal day to a bad day than your phone breaking. But, with iPhone 8 plus we know that there is a screen in front as well as at the back.
If you have gone through any accident and you had broken your iPhone’s front and back glass. In the following article, we will let you know various ways and steps that can help you restore your iPhone 8 Plus’ front as well as back glass
Restoration of your iPhone 8 Plus
Getting restoration done via Apple
Apple provides a full range of services to its customers. If you have broken your iPhone due to some accident, you can get it repaired at the Apple Store. Apple is providing all types of services depending on your need. If you go for a front glass or screen replacement process, they try to get it done on the same-day but if your iPhone needs to go to the Apple Service Center, you need another week for it.
According to Apple, accidental breaking of your iPhone is not covered under Apple’s warranty. So, you have to pay for the services. Though, the repair fees vary for different services but its fees is quite expensive for a normal man. Although, at the same time you get the best service which is trustworthy and reliable. You get the best quality service and the best and original quality products being used for the replacement process.
So, if money is not an issue you can definitely get a reliable service done at Apple by the professionals.
Apple Support and Services for your iPhone link – Apple Support
Get restoration done via third-party repair shop
Third-party repair shops are very common when it comes to gadgets like smartphones, smartwatches or laptops. Third-party repair shop is an independent shop when a person who is skilled in works of repairing gadgets does the work for us and we pay them for the service. Getting the restoration done via such shops can be easy and a bit inexpensive than by getting it done via Apple itself. Though, it is advisable that one must go to the third-party repair shops only when they’re trusted.
Because, as we know these shops don’t cost a huge repairing fees like Apple does but at the same time, we cannot trust them with the quality of service and quality of products used for replacement. Therefore, if you don’t want to spend a good amount of money getting the repair done with the brand, you can get it done via these repair shops. These shops may also provide you a faster service than Apple sometimes.
So, if you trust any shop and if you want the service to be done in a lesser amount of money you can get it done by a repair shop.
Restoration done on your own
One of the best ways to get the restoration done is, doing by yourself. Yes, now you can repair your iPhone 8 Plus without any problems all by yourself. People often think that if it’s possible to repair your phone or not. We are here to tell you about how you can do it. This will cost you the least and you can get the best also. The task of doing the restoration by your own is a bit time consuming but the amount to be spent it less and affordable. This method is reliable, less expensive and trustworthy as well.
So, if you don’t wish to spend a huge amount of money for just restoration service and also if you want the best quality product to be used, doing it by your own is the best method.
How to restore iPhone 8+ front and back glass yourself?
For replacing your iPhone 8+ front glass and screen you need to follow certain steps and you need to do the work with few tools so that you don’t end up damaging the iPhone anymore. The tools that we need for the screen replacement process are:
- Protective Eyewear.
- Suction handle.
- Opening picks set of 6
- An iOpener.
- Set of plastic opening tools.
- A pair of tweezers.
You can buy get these tools from https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools, they have all types of tools available that you will needing for the replacement process. You can also buy a new screen from ifixit.
Also, before starting the procedure of replacing the screen of your iPhone, you need to make sure your watch is completely turned off.
Below are the steps that you need to follow for front glass or screen replacement process of your iPhone 8 Plus:
- Step 1 – Remove the two 3.5 mm screws from the bottom edge of the iPhone.
- Step 2 – Place a suction handle on your glass. If the broken glass doesn’t allow to put a suction cup, try applying a tape and try folding a strong piece of tape (such as duct tape) into a handle and lifting the display.
- Step 3 – Then take the iOpener that must be put and hearted in a microwave for not more than 30 seconds. Place the warm iOpener on the watch for 1.5minutes to heat the screen and soften the adhesive holding.
- Step 4 – Apply the suction cup properly on the screen.
- Step 5 – Lift up the suction handle and then with the help of the help of an opening pick.
- Step 6 – Gently pull up the screen with help of the suction cup and the opening pick and lift the bottom of the screen slowly.
- Step 7 – With the help of the opening pick, loosen the top adhesive of the iPhone and slightly lift the full screen.
- Step 8 – Remove the four screws for battery disconnection.
- Step 9 – Remove the lower display cable bracket.
- Step 10 – With the help of a pointed spudger, bend the connector cable to prevent it from accidentally providing power to the phone during the repair.
- Step 11 – With the help of a spudger disconnect the large lower display connector by prying it straight up from its socket.
[To re-attach press connectors like this one, press down on one side until it clicks into place, then repeat on the other side. Do not press down on the middle. If the connector is even slightly misaligned, the connector can bend, causing permanent damage.]
- Step 12 – Use a spudger to remove the bracket of the front panel and then remove the front panel assembly connector. Remove the display assembly.
- Step 13 – Remove the touch ID screws.
- Step 14 – Remove the bracket that protects the home.
- Step 15 – Disconnect the home cable connector from the edge. And, apply the iOpener on the lower display from the front side.
- Step 16 – With an opening pick remove the adhesive of the home.
- Step 17 – Remove the touch ID sensor assembly by lifting from the front side.
For assembling the new screen follow the steps backward.
Below is the link of a video that will help you for black glass replacement process of your iPhone 8 Plus- the glass back replacement is a bit harder process.
You can view the prices from Breakfixnow guide on how to repair iphones.
To watch a full video of the full restoration of iPhone 8+ visit the link – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbp3ZxnRv7w
The glass looks of the iPhone 8+ has been popular amongst the people. Though, no doubt that it is beautiful but also there’s a constant risk of its breaking. With the iPhone 8 Plus not only you have to take great care of the screen or the front glass but also the back glass. And, if somehow your phone’s front or back glass is broken or even if both the sides have been broken, there’s an option of restoration available to you.
As, getting restoration done via Apple or a third-party shop can be expensive, above is our article, how to restore your iPhone 8+ front and back glass, that will help you do it on your own with a few tools and in a lesser amount of money. Also, when you do it by yourself you are well aware of the products that you use for replacement so there not problem with that.