Video can help create even more cleantech awareness in more ways than one. For one, it could be used to (fore)warn humans about the nuisance and dangers of uninhibited tech pollution, including the environmental and economic impacts/costs.
According to recent 2018 reports, a whopping $460 billion is needed per year for the next 12 years to limit global warming to 1.5°C, but as ignorance or indifference persists, this challenge will only worsen. The way out? Awareness. Advocacy. Action.
Using videos, we can create more cleantech awareness to drive positive action towards energy efficiency, better waste management practices, recycling, green living, etc. In this post we’ll be highlighting 5 Simple ways to achieve this, but first
What is Cleantech(nology)?
According to Wikipedia: “Clean technology is any process, product, or service that reduces negative environmental impacts through significant energy efficiency improvements, the sustainable use of resources, or environmental protection activities.”
These environmentally friendly processes, products and services can be promoted via video using different platforms and approaches.
The Power of Videos
The following interesting statistics show the power, importance and potency of video in driving information and action.
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool — up from 63% over the last year. (Hubspot)
- 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television. (Google)
- Mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year. (Insivia)
- By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic — 15 times higher than it was in 2017. (Cisco)
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day. (HubSpot)
- Users view more than 1 billion hours of video each day on YouTube. (YouTube)
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read text. (Wordstream)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. (Insivia)
- 72% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of video. (HubSpot)
- 92% of users watching video on mobile will share it with others. (Wordstream)
Data Source: Biteable
Cleantech Awareness Via Video
“Catch them young” is now an old cliche, but sometimes olden is golden. For instance, teaching children early in life about climate change, its extents and impacts, can yield positive long term results.
They’d grow into environmentally responsible adults who not only look out for the universe but encourage others to do same. And what better way to do this than using children animation movies like Go Green, Living the Green Life (Botanical Garden), Children’s Sustainable Lifestyle programmes, and other interesting eco-books your kids will love.
Explainer videos can go a long way to educate teens and adults about the true impacts and extents of environmental damages caused by human activity over the years.
Using fact and tact, these videos can help explain in a logical manner why we need to stop harming the environment, and highlight positive steps we can take to break the cycle of environmental abuse perpetrated by generation after generation of mankind.
Social videos can also go a mighty long way to create awareness about how consumers can safely use cleantechnology in their day to day lives.
With billions of monthly active users, social media is a veritable platform to perform or carry out environmental evangelism. Pushed by the right backers and influencers, these eco-friendly videos could go viral in hours, and further help to spread the awareness.
Cleantech Product Videos
Cleantech product videos can help to create cleantech awareness and encourage consumers to increasingly go green using eco-friendly options.
For instance, eco-minded entrepreneurs can learn how to source and sell eco-friendly products for free via dropshipping. They can create product videos to explain how these products work and why people should buy them instead.
Nothing says you’re doing a great job like a success story. Each cleantech success story is a step towards cleaner technology and environmental sustainability.
When these stories are captured and projected via video, they encourage onlookers and can motivate and inspire positive action towards actualizing a cleaner, safer planet. These success stories can be of new eco-friendly products, processes, disruptive cleantech startups, etc.
Cleaner technology and sustainability are key issues shaping global discourse. Videos can be used to drive these conversations effectively in the form of:
- Animated Videos
- Explainer Videos
- Social Videos
- Cleantech Product Videos
- Success Stories Videos
- 5 Effective Ways to Raise Cleantech Awareness Via Video - June 20, 2019