Every young couple wants to spend more and more time with their partner. But, due to their job requirements or other commitments, they fail to do so. Many a time, lack of communication, and not able to spending time with each other they end up having an argument, blaming each other and fighting.
Also, every couple wants to compliment their partner and look picture perfect. However, due to their unhealthy lifestyle habits and lack of exercise, they fail to do so. Staying fit is the only key to live a healthy and happy life. Those extra kilos can lay down the foundation of various diseases like diabetes, high B.P., heart diseases, etc.
Well, what if we tell you that there is one straightforward way that would not only make you fit but would allow you to spend some quality time with your partner. Yes, it’s true. The answer to all your questions is ‘couple workout’.
Workout can be in any form, starting from exercising in the gym to going for a jog or swimming to playing any outdoor game. You just need to find a physical activity that interests both of you and start doing it.
Couples can be the best motivator for each other. When you have your partner as your exercise buddy, missing out on your workout session would not be that easy. Working out together would also allow you to spend some quality time with each other. Below, we have covered six simple fitness tips that would help you and your partner to stay fit and healthy.
1. Walk Together
The simplest physical activity that would help you in shedding some weight is ‘walk’. A daily walk would not only keep you fit, but if you do it in the company of your partner, it will allow you to spend more time with your better half.
A walk would enable you to enjoy some ‘couple time’. You can select a time as per your and your partner’s suitability. However, an evening walk or a walk after dinner would be a more practical option.
2. Set Physical Fitness Goals
Setting up a physical fitness goal is very important. Once you have a fixed target, you try your best to achieve it. The Goal can be, increasing flexibility, total pounds you and your partner want to shed over a particular timeframe, running a marathon, learning tennis, etc.
You can help each other in achieving your individual goals, as well as couple fitness goals. To add a fun factor, you can even set some adventurous fitness goals like going camping or mountain climbing, on the weekend, etc.
3. Go Shopping As A Couple
Eating a healthy diet, avoiding junk, fried, and processed food is crucial if you want to lose weight. If you and your partner depend a lot on take away food or eating out at restaurants, then may its time you change the venue along with the menu. Nothing can be as healthy as a home-cooked meal.
Well, join your partner and go for grocery shopping. Focus more on fresh fruits and vegetables. In addition to this, get more protein-rich and organic food items. This kind of healthy shopping would make you and your partner feel good.
4. Plan Outdoor Dates
Going on dates play a very important role in keeping the love alive in a marriage. Furthermore, if you can add a little bit of fitness factor to your date, nothing like it. Instead of going on a movie date or a candlelight dinner at a restaurant. Try to plan an outdoor date involving some kind of sports or adventure. For example, biking, kayaking, or hiking. This way, you can enjoy the company of your partner without worrying about your jobs, social commitments, etc.
5. Cook For Each Other And Be Careful Of Eating Out
Well, what can be more romantic than cooking a meal for your partner or even better with your partner? By involving yourself in cooking, you can even keep a check on your calories and nutrient intake. It would also give you and your partner to spend some more time with each other.
6. Partner Workout
- Stand straight facing each other. Grasp your partner’s hand such that your partner’s arm should be straight whereas: your arms should be crossed at the wrist.
- Bent one leg and start descending into a one-legged lunge position.
- Continue descending, using your partner’s counterweight as support.
- Come back to your original position. If needed, use your partner’s help.
- Repeat the process, ten times on each leg.
- Lie on the ground keeping your back straight.
- Bend your knees like in a sit-up position.
- Let your partner stand on your feet.
- Grasp each other’s hands.
- Let your partner lean over you and take a plank position.
- Now perform a sit-up using your better half’s weight. Make sure your elbows are tucked to your sides.
- Lie on your back.
- Let your partner lean on you. The position of your partner should be that of a plank position.
- Your partner’s feet should be just outside your ankle.
- Keep your arm strong and elbows locked.
- Now, let your partner take a push-up position.
- Balancing your partner’s weight let her perform a push-up. Let her return to the starting position.
- Perform ten repeats.
- Take a push-up position.
- Let your partner stand over you.
- Your partner’s legs should be placed just outside your ankles
- Let your partner lie over you. This way, her weight would be on you. Her hands should be on your shoulder.
- Perform a push-up.
- Repeat ten times.
Working out with your partner can bring you two closer. However, working out does not mean that you both have to hit a gym. The aim is to involve in any kind of physical activity. It can be in any form, dancing, jogging, swimming, etc. One of the significant advantages of a couple workout is, they act as a source of encouragement and motivation for each other.
As discussed earlier, having a physical goal is very important. If your aim is to shed those extra kilos, then only physical activity might not be sufficient. Focus on a healthy diet is also crucial. For faster results, you may consult a “doctor who prescribes phentermine“. It is found to be very useful in boosting the weight loss process.
- A Better Understanding into Roof Cleaning and Moss Removal - April 20, 2021
- How to Turn Your Bedroom into a Sleep Oasis? - April 20, 2021
- 5 Things You Should Do If You Are in a Car Accident - April 20, 2021
Originally posted 2020-03-09 19:41:13. Republished by Blog Post Promoter